News & Articles: Employee Benefits

Click on an article title to view the full .pdf article.

Focus on Health Reform
This is a summary of the Health Care Reform Legislation passed March 2010.

 

Voluntary Offerings Even the Playing Field, Help Small Employers Join Benefits Big Leagues
Despite the Great Recession's crunch on profits, benefits don't need to suffer, as voluntary products can help fill the gap between core offerings and push back against cost-shifting.

 

Ohio Department of Insurance FAQ (State & Federal Coverage Expansion for Older Age Children)
The Ohio Department of Insurance issued a frequently asked questions document concerning implementation of both state and federal laws that increase the dependent age for purposes of health insurance coverage.

Highlighting The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
The recently passed American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 includes a new U.S. Government subsidy to assist certain unemployed individuals and their families. Eligible individuals pay only 35% of their premiums and the remaining 65% is reimbursed to the coverage provider.

 

Small Group Employers and Insurers Providing Coverage Under State Continuation Law
If an employer has fewer than 20 employees, those employees receive continuation coverage under the state continuation law rather than the federal law.

 

COBRA Advice
For all groups 20 and above where COBRA has and will apply, it is more important than ever to consider the use of a COBRA administrator.

 

COBRA Eligible Groups
The COBRA Premium Subsidy provides a 65% federal subsidy of COBRA premiums for eligible individual for a maximum of 9 months. The subsidy does not extend the period of COBRA coverage that would otherwise apply to that qualified beneficiary from the original qualifying event date. The subsidy is calculated based on the COBRA premium that the eligible individual would have been required to pay.

©2021 by ​Insurance Office of Central Ohio. All Rights Reserved.         Click Here for our Privacy Notice.

Phone:  614.939.5471      |     Fax:  614.939.5451     |      Email:  mailbox@ioco-columbus.com